June 2009
Our biggest baby update is that Adelaide started crawling in June! This happened right at the end of the month. At first she could only do about 3 or 4 arm and leg movements before falling (sadly, on her face). Starting to get frustrated, she did some army crawling just so she could travel more than a few inches, however, this only lasted a few days and within a week she was completely crawling. She is getting stronger and stronger. Peter is now pulling himself up on furniture, anything really, including my leg! He cruises along the furniture and can get all over our apartment really fast! It is quite a help to me that when we move from from one end of the apartment to the other, I only now carry Addie and Peter follows along crawling. Such a nice feeling to only do something ONCE! This recent mobility has led to many changes around our house in the childproofing department, but thanks to the 15 some odd doors throughout the apartment, we are managing quite well. Another update is that Peter got his first tooth - a bottom one - which is quite cute looking now that it is finally growing in a bit more.
During the month of June we had lots of activity as well - Steve and I managed to go out with friends a couple of times. Kina came and stayed with us and it was wonderful to have her with us for a good long visit! Lastly, Adelaide and I made another trip across the country to New Jersey. I went to the Jersey Shore for Cailin's bachelorette party and Addie was selected as my travel companion for her excellent behavior and because she wasn't crawling at the time. So Adelaide got the special treat of being completely pampered by four adoring grand parents. I had a great girls weekend and Addie was just spoiled silly. Steve and Peter had boy bonding time at home and Peter was the star performer and back float demonstrator at swimming class! Steve and I anxiously await our next grandparent babysitting weekend!
June was a busy month such that I didn't end up taking all that many pictures. In exchange I am going to post just a few recent videos of the kids. First we have an oldie buy goodie, "Swinging", second is "Good Morning Peter", next "Peekaboo Addie", and finally "Baby Wrestling". Enjoy!
During the month of June we had lots of activity as well - Steve and I managed to go out with friends a couple of times. Kina came and stayed with us and it was wonderful to have her with us for a good long visit! Lastly, Adelaide and I made another trip across the country to New Jersey. I went to the Jersey Shore for Cailin's bachelorette party and Addie was selected as my travel companion for her excellent behavior and because she wasn't crawling at the time. So Adelaide got the special treat of being completely pampered by four adoring grand parents. I had a great girls weekend and Addie was just spoiled silly. Steve and Peter had boy bonding time at home and Peter was the star performer and back float demonstrator at swimming class! Steve and I anxiously await our next grandparent babysitting weekend!
June was a busy month such that I didn't end up taking all that many pictures. In exchange I am going to post just a few recent videos of the kids. First we have an oldie buy goodie, "Swinging", second is "Good Morning Peter", next "Peekaboo Addie", and finally "Baby Wrestling". Enjoy!

1 Comments:
Looks like Peter could become quite the wrestler.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home