Welcome Twins!
Hello! Welcome to this little blog that I have put together to celebrate the birth of our twins and to share their progress with... whoever is interested. Feel free to read the details or just browse the pictures ~ hopefully I will be able to keep things up to date. The twins are just barely five days old and so much has happened already. Here is a little recap so far.
On Tuesday October 7th, 2008 the Rusek twins arrived just one day shy of 39 weeks. As it turns out Twin A stood for Adelaide Emily who was 5 lbs, 5 oz. As we knew all along, Twin B was for "boy" as in Peter Donovan, a not so little brother at 6lbs 3 oz comparitively.
We had not expected the babies until Thursday 10/9, but during a doctors appointment, a temporary slow down in heart rate was detected and as a result the doctors decided it was of no more benefit to wait any longer to deliver the babies. Fortunately Steve was able to make it from a conference call to the OR, dressed in scrubs within an hour. I also had the pleasure of exiting my doctors appointment by stretcher accompanied by several EMT and fire fighters who transported me... ACCROSS THE STREET to the hospital! (I wanted to just walk!)
It was an exciting stay at the hospital post c-section. We had so many different nurses and doctors stop by for checkups and everything went pretty well. The first two nights were rough - the babies were up most of the night and suddenly seemed so conveniently tired all day - and of course this is apparently normal. Our first night we did not have a private room but we got one the following afternoon. Both my mother and Steve stayed over at the hospital all three nights. There was only one reclining chair so Steve brought the camping mats from home so he could sleep on the floor. The last night he slept in the hospital bed with me. Since the babies live right in your room with you from the start, it was really my helpers that got us all through these first days! My mother was really the chief helper for the babies - she lead the way in caring for the babies - changing them, calming them, etc. Steve jumped right in with the babies and was also a huge help to me as I recivered from the c-section. I more or less focused on feeding - this is quite a challendge when there are two, but we're working really hard at it.
Here are some pictures from our hospital stay.
After 3 nights and 4 days in the hospital, we were discharged and headed home. I was just a little excited! I was so happy to get away from the constant examination (I'm not a good patient) and get some fresh air! It was fun to dress up the lil' ones for the first time and even better to be bringing them to their first home. Here are some pictures from the hospital discharge and the ride home.
On Tuesday October 7th, 2008 the Rusek twins arrived just one day shy of 39 weeks. As it turns out Twin A stood for Adelaide Emily who was 5 lbs, 5 oz. As we knew all along, Twin B was for "boy" as in Peter Donovan, a not so little brother at 6lbs 3 oz comparitively.
We had not expected the babies until Thursday 10/9, but during a doctors appointment, a temporary slow down in heart rate was detected and as a result the doctors decided it was of no more benefit to wait any longer to deliver the babies. Fortunately Steve was able to make it from a conference call to the OR, dressed in scrubs within an hour. I also had the pleasure of exiting my doctors appointment by stretcher accompanied by several EMT and fire fighters who transported me... ACCROSS THE STREET to the hospital! (I wanted to just walk!)
It was an exciting stay at the hospital post c-section. We had so many different nurses and doctors stop by for checkups and everything went pretty well. The first two nights were rough - the babies were up most of the night and suddenly seemed so conveniently tired all day - and of course this is apparently normal. Our first night we did not have a private room but we got one the following afternoon. Both my mother and Steve stayed over at the hospital all three nights. There was only one reclining chair so Steve brought the camping mats from home so he could sleep on the floor. The last night he slept in the hospital bed with me. Since the babies live right in your room with you from the start, it was really my helpers that got us all through these first days! My mother was really the chief helper for the babies - she lead the way in caring for the babies - changing them, calming them, etc. Steve jumped right in with the babies and was also a huge help to me as I recivered from the c-section. I more or less focused on feeding - this is quite a challendge when there are two, but we're working really hard at it.
Here are some pictures from our hospital stay.
After 3 nights and 4 days in the hospital, we were discharged and headed home. I was just a little excited! I was so happy to get away from the constant examination (I'm not a good patient) and get some fresh air! It was fun to dress up the lil' ones for the first time and even better to be bringing them to their first home. Here are some pictures from the hospital discharge and the ride home.

2 Comments:
I am so happy for the 4 of you and I cannot wait to meet my new niece and nephew! We are glad that the c-section went well and now you are home with the babies. Yeah!
YAY! Love the blog idea--lets us all follow the adventures of Addie and Peter as the new fam settles in...Much love to you all, wish I could be on the West coast to meet the newest members of your family. -Love, Laura S.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home